- Fixed HTTP client throwing error on second connection.
- 20160106: Fixed the installer script problem on 32 bit windows.
- Fixed Web Admin GUI timer action editing bug.
Version 1.1.13 - Updated on Nov., 15th, 2015 - 13:00 AM EDT
- Log stack trace on app task failure.
- Fixed QWHA_DeviceGetXXXX() API call throwing exception when PLM disconnected.
- Fixed PLM recovery issue affecting all Raspberry Pi users.
- Fixed scene support on Android UI.
- Fixed initial setting dialog.
- Fixed App Engine heartbeat timing issue.
- Upgraded Web UI.
- Fixed Insteon Thermostat set mode bug for new I2CS devices. Thanks
forum member joehorton for reporting the bug.
- Admin UI improvement.
- Workaround on possible openssl bug.
- Improved application log. Now user name is included in the session log
- Fixed embedded web server memory leak.
- Fixed bugs related to Timer editor in QWHA Admin GUI. Special thanks
to forum member Bill Milford and frankm.
- Fixed wrong LED status (and sometimes dimmer level) related to dimmers
or Fanlinc in a Scene.
- Added extra UI node property (link to actual device/scene) in UI tab
- Fixed crash if an unsupported device is added and triggered (Version
- Better IRLinc support. Now user can sync ALDB with IRLinc (Version
- Fixed Admin start up problem if settings are not properly
initialized (Version 1106).
- Corrected missing icons in UI panel (Version 1105).
- Corrected HTML escape in log viewer (Version 1105).
- Corrected version display (Version 1105).
- Adding and removing load device caused front-end error (version 1104).
Special thanks to jrork
- Software scene dimmer wrong ramprate problem (version 1104). Special
thanks to jrork
- Fanlinc in scene problem (version 1104). Special thanks to frankm
- Web control interface login problem when default UI is deleted
(version 1104). Special thanks to jiehooni
- Fixed certificate always automatically generated at start-up problem
- Slight improvement on web UI (version 1104).
- Web based administrator tool. PC based QWHA Admin is retired
- Everything moved to HTTPS
- Note the certificate is self signed, browser will display
certificate security warning.
- Firefox will require you to add an exception at the first time you
connect to the server.
- Works perfectly behind corporate firewall
- Fixed various bugs, better support for I2CS devices
- Added support for several new devices especially new KeypadLinc
- Added support for new Insteon KeypadLinc device types (18.104.22.1687)
- Added support for new Insteon KeypadLinc device types (22.214.171.1242)
- Fixed problem that sometimes affect fresh installation (126.96.36.1992)
This version of QWHA Server changed the port settings. After upgrading
the server. User must run the config tool to set the port settings.
Firewall port forwarding may need to be changed to allow two ports
For more information, please read QWHA Security.
- Fixed crash caused by Log Action (used in timers and scenes).
- Fixed rare race condition in version 188.8.131.527.
- Use encrypted communication only, with SSL protocol and proprietary
protocol based on AES 256 GCM on two separate ports.
- Non-blocking asynchronous I/O across controller server (C++), Android
and Admin (.Net platform).
- Fixed timer problem if the end time is later than start time.
- Disabled automatically fail over on both Windows and Raspberry Pi
- Fixed IOLinc status reporting problem introduced with FanLinc support.
- Controller should work on WIndows XP again.
This version of QWHA Server changed the device identifiers while
migrating to new database engine. As a result the UI on Android client
will have to be re-synchronized with the server.
What makes it even worse is that on
start up the Android client will automatically connect to server and
retrieving devices status of the top UI page. If there is a thermostat
in the top UI page it will crash the Android APP.
If you experience any crash please go to
"Settings"->"Storage"->"Apps"->"ALL", find "QW Home Automation"
and choose "Clear Data"
This version added a new dependency of
libsqlite3-dev on Raspberry Pi. Please follow the instruction to install
- Windows version of QWHA Controller 184.108.40.2069 and 220.127.116.110 and has a
bug that could potentially crash. Please upgrade to emergency release of
18.104.22.1680 ASAP. If you do experience crashes, please refer to this
Special thanks to forum member lynnpaskett for discovering the bug and
providing valuable information that helped identifying the problem.
- Migrated storage subsystem from plain file to SQLite database
- Deep localization support in framework. Now English and Chinese are
implemented. Featuring dynamic switching QWHAAdmin UI localized language
on the fly, intelligent translating most of the system log entries etc.
- Completely redesigned error handling framework. Now errors on the
server heavily depend on the system log. User should check the system
log for details when any operation fails.
- Minimized Insteon messages for Insteon ALDB operations
- Reversed Timer bug fixed
- Added a new action for scene and timer, the log action, which writes a
text message to system log. It can be used to debug timers or scenes
- Several concepts clarified. For example, the "Load & Sensor
Devices" is renamed to "Load Devices", which represents a controllable
load. Now Load devices are derived from the corresponding logical device
and will share the same name as the logical device. So a load device
will not have a separate name.
- Fanlinc support
- Lots of refactor of the code and improvements on details here and
- Documentation update
- The Script Editor is just for testing. Scripting support will be
released in next version
- Improved Insteon Advanced Configuration for KeypadLinc, RemoteLinc,
SwitchLinc, IOLinc and Motion Sensor
- Insteon Advanced Configuration now uses memory map for Insteon i1
devices and combination of memory map and 1F, 20, 2E messages for i2 and
- Raspberry Pi support
- Added support for new Insteon devices using i2cs protocol
- Timer support
- Various UI Improvement in QWHA Admin
- Fixed Android GUI on Nexus 7 (Android version 1.0.9)
- Fixed occasional crash on Raspberry Pi when web interface is used
- Added feature to write crash report to QWHA log (viewable through QWHA
Admin GUI) on system crash (22.214.171.1243)
- Updated Raspberry Pi script to automatically restart process on crash
- Fixed QWHA Admin GUI Windows position restore (from last close state)
on start-up (126.96.36.1993)
- Fixed QWHA Controller crash on some new Insteon device subcat IDs
- Fixed QWHA new logging framework sometimes generating corrupt logs
- Full android client localization support (in QWHA Admin 188.8.131.52)
- Improved status LED feedback algorithm
- Memory map editor
- UI Improvement
Individual On Level and ramp Rate for dimmers
Reverse feedback and control for IOLinc garage control with sensor
purchased from ebay
On/off text customization (for garage door can be Open/Close)
- Updated documentation
Status LED Update
Garage Door Control
- Android client and Web Interface upgraded to 1.0.8
- Fixed some Icon devices with different ALDB address shown as "Unknown
- Fixed Web UI display wrong device name when the device control returns
an error (e.g. timeout). Thanks jdale for reporting that
- Fixed Web UI scaling issue on mobile devices (iPhone, WebOS phones).
Thanks jdale again for providing solution
- Added a column of "Logical Device name" in Insteon Device ALDB panel,
which makes display of all-linking buttons more intuitive
- Improved the font size of web UI on mobile phones (184.108.40.206)
- Identified and documented a bug in WebOS phones that prevents Web UI
from scrolling (220.127.116.11)
- Worked around a bug in iOS WebKit browser
- KeyPadLinc ligical buttons LED can be controlled through a scene
- Fixed high CPU utilization when web interface is used
- Optimized the memory management of QWHA controller a little bit more
- Slight change in the layout of web interface
- Fixed some minor issues of QWHA Admin GUI
- Added support for new RemoteLinc from SmartHome
- Added new Web Interface
- Now the status of KeypadLinc small button LED can be updated by QWHA.
- Fixed bug that QWHA Admin fails to restore previous Windows bounds
- Improved QWHA Admin PLM all-linking experience. Now device is
automatically "explored" after the first time it is all-linked to PLM
from QWHA Admin
- Improved some QWHA Admin UI buttons, All-Link button is moved down in
Insteon Device panel, another couple of buttons are re-ordered
- Makes QWHA Controller more robust. Now PLM will never stop no matter
how unliable it is. The only down side is that the system will keep
trying the network PLM and will never stop, no matter what source is
configured to connect.
- Added device 02:1E as KeypadLinc into device list
- Fixed a race condition (dead lock) that may cause system hang.
- Installer automatically starts the QWHA controller service after
- Added "nested scene action" support. Now user can trigger a scene from
- Updated Insteon product database (added device IDs for several
- Fixed a bug in QWHA Admin that deleting (or modifying) an Insteon
device will result in deleting all scenes from UI.
- Some minor QWHA GUI improvements.
- Emergency fix of version 18.104.22.1688 and 22.214.171.1249, sorry for the
- Added scene support
- Added support for new version of thermostate with devcat of 05/0E.
- Android client updated to support scenes
- Improve error logging with unstable PLM communication
- Insteon dimmer on-level and ramp support within scene
- Replaced dependency of LibXml2 with TinyXml
- Added support for SmartLinc 2412N
- Bug fix: Using QWHAConfig to to modify configuration will clear
additional QWHA users.
Version 126.96.36.1995 - Initial public release